With all the other things to think about on your big day, entertainment can often be overlooked. You have to worry about catering, decoration, the dress, not to mention the stag and hen parties! But often, good entertainment is the difference between an event that's just OK, and an occasion that people will talk about for months afterwards. Here's why you should consider entertainment – and why a close up magician could be the choice for your big day.
While the reason your guests are there is to celebrate your marriage, and maybe take advantage of the food and drink, they also want to have a good time. A DJ or band can be great, but not everyone will be dancing all night, and there will be lulls in proceedings where a more intimate and personal act might be appropriate. This is where a magician can help.
There Are Big Reasons for Close-up Magic At Your Wedding, and Here's a Big List of Them
In a nutshell, it will keep everyone entertained throughout the various stages of the event.
- It will help entertain your guests while you are busy having pictures taken.
- It will entertain guests while they wait for food to be served.
- A magician can help avoid awkward lulls in conversation between guests who don't know each other.
- A magician can also be an awesome icebreaker between new in-laws – there's nothing better to bring people together than laughter and delight!
- It will add a real frisson and a personalised touch – your magician will interact personally with guests, giving them a hands on experience of magic, and memories to take away.
- A magician can entertain at various stages of the day, from the wedding breakfast to the reception, or even perform a show.
- As bride and groom, you get a personal performance just for the two of you.
Memories are Made of Magic
Magic will get people talking even if they don’t know each other, helping form bonds and great memories. While you may have taken great pain to ensure a good seating arrangement of all guests, there is still a high chance there will be people seated next to someone they don’t know, and this could make for an awkward time. A magician mingling amongst guests will provide these new acquaintances something to bond over, memories to share, and even more stories to tell after the event to those who were unlucky enough not to be in attendance!
I may be biased, but I think magic is the perfect addition to your perfect day. I'd love to help you celebrate – get in touch with me if you're considering hiring a close up magician, and we can discuss what will work best for your day.